GARDEN AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
- Mowing, to include college quadrangles and building frontages and large open spaces and verges.
- Treatments for improving the appearance and health of fine lawn areas, to include scarification, aeration, product applications for lawn feeds, top dressings and pest, disease and weed control.
- Shrub pruning, to include routine thinning and renovations, training of climbers and staking herbaceous specimens.
- Design and planting Seasonal bedding schemes for spring and summer interest.
- Container planting and maintenance to include seasonal displays and watering.
- Carrying out weed, pest and disease control using a range of techniques from mulching to mechanical removal.
- Trimming and shaping of formal and informal hedges, to include, care of topiary, cloud hedges, height reductions and hedgerow renovations.
Hard Surface Maintenance
- Sweeping and collection of debris utilising specialist industrial equipment. Weed control using mechanical and chemical methods and small scale surface cleaning and maintenance.
- Remedial work, including crown reduction and reshaping, removal of hazardous limbs, dead wood, and root zone amelioration.
- Tree and stump removals.
- Tree planting, establishment and aftercare.
- Tree health inspections utilising a range of techniques, including visual tree assessments, sonic tomography (PICUS) surveys, and resistograph examinations.
- Condition surveying of tree stock with associated management planning.
Trees in relation to planning and construction
We undertake arboricultural reporting for planning submissions that comply with the British Standard ‘BS5837:2012 Trees in Relation to Design, demolition and Construction – Recommendations’.
- Surveying and categorisation of the tree stock
- Production of constraints diagrams for design teams
- Arboricultural impact assessments
- Tree protection plans
- Arboricultural method statements
- On-site technical investigations in relation to roots and tree condition
- Arboricultural facilitation works
- Programme monitoring of works for compliance reporting
The team care for the 1,600 trees within the Parks, plus the rest of the University’s stock dotted around the city – over 3,500 trees in total.
LANDSCAPE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
- Consultation and development of planting schemes, landscape features, producing planting plans and creating interesting and sustainable outside spaces.
- Planting and soil preparations, lawn creation through turf laying and seed sowing to include correct aftercare and establishment.
- Installation of paved areas, pathway construction, gravel laying and fabricated lawn edgings.